Saturday, May 8, 2010

Editor GUI Shenanigans

So as promissed another small update on my editor:



Slowly but surely it's taking shapAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAaa... ok, I'm sorry I really can't say that with a straight face, wxWidgets turned to be complete shite for me. I can't seem to add the most basic setup either for openGL or for SDL.
First I've spend the entire yesterday's morning trying to get the thing compiling, it kept giving me a crapload of linker errors and whatnots, fast forward for today and I've got the application compiling and linking without any problem. The problem appears when I try to run it. It just crashes! FFS I've spent 5 days learning on how to work with this thing only to discover it's all for nothing????

Anyway, if anyone has any Idea of why it would crash I'll highly appreciate it. I would post a screenshot but it's just that standard dialog asking if I want to send the info to microsoft (Does anyone even do that???).

It wouldn't be a problem if it was just my app that crashed. Every single tutorial source I put up and running up to the point of launching it Simply Dies at start (No window even appears, just the stupid microsoft dialog), even the one given as an compilable example!.
I'm using Code::Blocks which might be part of the problem but I say that the application should at least try to compile if I try to call the "mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc" in that directory. All it does is create an empty subdir and die.


TLDR version: wxWidgets is shite for me, I need to learn Qt, maybe at least it'll allow me to use openGL UNLIKE wxWIDGETS!
I'm out
~Spliter
EDIT: Qt is shite for me as well as FLTK, fox Toolkit, GTK would've been awesome if it wasn't in c
EDIT2:Blecki, from LudumDare Chat convinced me to try C# with .Net framework... I hope I won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment